In other news, I sort of bent the rules of the SIA yesterday. Not only did I buy beer at a local grocery store, but I also took a cab home from my friend's place. In my mind, I justified this as pertaining to the "groceries" and "transportation" sections of my necessities budget, but I'm not sure that's quite fair game. I suppose I could've metro'ed home and avoided drinking altogether, but it was social drinking, so I feel like it fits into the modified plan I created yesterday.
Speaking of, I've heard but one comment on that modified plan (thank you random commenter with a string of letters and numbers as a name, whose identity I'm pretty sure I know)...where are the rest of you, readers? I work so hard for you, why don't you love me? Now that I'm not buying food, I'm sustaining myself on attention. Feed me!
The social drinking took place at a group viewing of the Glee premiere. I'll keep the identities of those who watched with me a secret, I know for some of them that Glee is a secret shame. They all had seen the 3D movie too, just saying. While we're on the subject of the Glee premiere, I've got a couple of thoughts, allow me to present them as a sort of good v. bad list (oh, and I should probably say something like SPOILER ALERT for those of you that haven't seen it, see readers? I look out for you, all I want is for you to like me. Please like me!):
- Opening the season with the same funny "news update" as last year: Good!
- Having Will Schuester awkwardly wake up next to Emma and tell her he has morning wood: Bad! (Sidenote-Did they do the deed yet? That was not made clear, I'm thinking no.)
- Cutting the Sam/Mercedes plot-line short and instead having the chubby black girl date a chubby black guy, *yawn*-Bad!
- Bringing Blaine to WMHS-Good!
- Everything Blaine wore that was not a Warblers uniform-Bad!
- Having the two whitest characters on the show sing a song from "The Wiz"-Bad!
- Making Quinn a "Skank"-Good!
- Quinn's lowered weird voice after becoming a "Skank"-So bad! Seriously, was she going for a Christian Bale as Batman thing?
- More Mike Chang-Good! Thank you sir, may I have another?
- Rachel and Kurt realizing they're maybe not so special after all-Good! An ego check was really needed.
- The incorporation of one of "The Glee Project" winners-Good! Can't wait for Damien!
- Ending the show with "You Can't Stop the Beat"-ORGASMIC, seriously.
Feel free to add your own thoughts in the comments. In summation, I bent on the SIA a bit, but today I should be back in the "no spending" zone, everything on my agenda is free, free, free. Look out for a week in review update tomorrow with updated totals! Get excited!