Monday, October 17, 2011

The Epic Conclusion of the First Weekly Goal

Hi readers, how are you all doing today?  Actually, don't answer that, I don't really care.  Sorry my dudes, but it's just so hard to be all teddy bears and marshmallows when it's Monday and I've not caffeinated.  You know what I mean, right?


Anyhow, let's debrief on the first weekly goal: no meals/snacks/beverages purchased away from home.  I am so proud to say that I completed this goal to a "T"!  It was a tough road though, on Friday I had to resist some delicious food/beverage temptations at Panache before the Ghost Tour.


Tangentially, speaking of the Ghost Tour, it was so fun!  I highly recommend it to any DC-ites.  Our tour guide was funny and well informed, AND she wore traditional period clothing (there's a colonial woman on the wing!!!!). There was a slight anachronism with her footwear, she chose New Balance tennis shoes, but whatever we were walking and it was dark y'all.  Don't hate!


Anyway, I think the lack of drinking socially affected my tolerance, because only 2.5 beers into last night's Ravens game (suck it Texans! woot!) I felt a little tipsy and decided to do 98% of my Christmas shopping.  You read that right readers, CHRISTMAS shopping before Halloween.  It makes sense though I think, because I'm using PayPal's "Bill Me Later" feature, which will let me pay off my gifts in installments over the next few months.  The earlier I ordered, the longer I would have to pay them off!  So I think it's kind of genius.  Some people might be getting some weird gifts though, sorry team, it was the Dogfish Head Punkin Ale doing the choosing.  Just kidding!  They'll all be great!  I hope...yikes!


To sum up this week's goal, I cooked a LOT more and found out it was easier than I thought, and I only spent $40 the entire week. Seriously, just $40!  That is crazy!  I wish I had more pictures of the things I cooked, but I'm still not in the habit of taking pictures, I promise to work on that so I'll have more fun things to show you greedy nerds in the future timez.


This week, inspired by a suggestion from Jaques and Gilly, I will be tracking absolutely everything I spend, in writing.  The goal of this is to see, under normal circumstances, where the most of my money goes and create a goal around these findings for next week.  Innovative!  Exciting!  I bet you can't wait to find out the results, right?  Yea, okay, I get it...you can go back to reading The Sartorialist now.

3 comments:

  1. Only $40 dollars! Awesome! What do you usually spend? Well I guess you'll figure that out this week... Although, you obviously see how not eating out helps you, so I'd keep it up as much as possible.

    And yes, it takes a bit to get into the habit of taking pictures of everything you do. We still are not into it completely yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right?! I'm not sure how much I usually spend, but I'm guessing it's a lot closer to about $100-$150.

    Also, I had a very exciting dream last night where you guys got a third dog! Any chance of making that a reality?

    ReplyDelete
  3. trust me (this is Jill, that was Eric)
    no third dog is happening, two is the max for us!
    :)

    ReplyDelete