Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Time to Re-Motivate

Well team, it has happened.  I have hit what Pink Floyd calls "the wall".



You may be wondering why a young maiden such as myself has chosen such a vintage reference?  Why didn't I just say, for instance, "what Man vs. Food host Adam Richman calls 'the wall'"?  

Well readers, mainly because just thinking of Man vs. Food makes me simultaneously giddy and nauseous, but also because my dad is super cool and used to play this album sometimes when he was cleaning the house.  That or a Tina Turner cassette he got at Burger King one time, seriously, that was a thing that existed...oh yea, my pops is waaaaaaay cool.

Also, did I ever tell you guys the story of how this one time I went to a Barenaked Ladies concert with my friend "Floyd" and we got backstage and then Steven Page (who was still with the band and not yet forced to become a solo artist because he was allegedly addicted to drugs) commented on Floyd's tattoo which was the symbols from Pink Floyd Led Zeppelin's IV album? Run on sentence, much?

Okay, so that story was a lot less random when I remembered it as being a Pink Floyd tattoo...but still, it was really cool!  Here's a picture of Steven Page if you don't know who I'm talking about:

Yea, you know this guy.
Okay, back to the point.

Well, it's been almost 2 months since I started this here blog.  I actually can't believe that's true, it's really flown by.  And in the process...I've tried a bunch of things to save money (with more to come)...yet my progress has been incremental and a lot more difficult to make than I thought.  

In my head I was spending a ton of money on things like faux-fur vests (this was a legit thing I bought) and I thought by cutting that sort of thing out, money would just start rolling in like that scene in Evita.

When I came to the conclusion that this wasn't the case, I will admit readers-o-mine, that I gave up.  My extreme couponing goal was completely ignored and I didn't monitor my spending at all for the past few days.  It was bad, readers, I was slowly drowning in my last minute CVS purchases, my multi-course meals out at California Tortilla, my willy-nilly 4 block cab rides.

I've gotten back to neutral, but I need to refocus, re-motivate, and recommit.  That is why my goal this week is simple.  Get back to the rules of the SIA 2.0 and adhere to them rigorously.

I know I can do it, especially with the support of all my fans (i.e. my 2 aunts, mom, and friends whom I force to visit the site).

Now, since I know you're all dying for them, here are the much promised Halloween pictures:

That's me on the right as preggers Rachel Zoe with Smirnoff and  Steel.
Note: Smirnoff is not in costume, that's just his life.
By the way, Steel has an excellent blog about life as an AmeriCorps worker called "It's Always Sunny in...oh wait, that's the other one".  Check it out!

Now, I wish I could tell you my brain "jell-o" looked like this:


But, do to an ill-conceived addition of vodka-soaked jelly worms to the recipe...it actually ended up looking like this:
Still good though, still good.



No comments:

Post a Comment